Notes from Mark Yaconelli’s last message at the NYA2008.
- Acts 17 – “to an unknown God”
- This God wants to free you to love.
- We live with blankets wrapped around our hearts to muffle them.
- Most of us have not been loved well, so we don’t know how to love well.
- How can we love well?
• See people – when was the last time someone took you in with their eyes? Allow yourself to be seen too.
• Hear people – we pay people to listen to us now! Truly caring, not just the ‘professional face’.
- The real sin in this world is that people are losing the ability to feel, they’re becoming numb.
- Be gentle with yourself.