Notes from Mark Yaconelli’s Sunday morning message at the NYA2008.
- People kept telling him about how they felt tears during his talk yesterday, but held them back. Why? Because we view it as a sign of weakness.
- In the Christian faith, only the wounded go free.
- In Christian tradition, tears were seen as a sign of the Spirit, as a thin place.
- Story of the prodigal son – that’s how God treats our weaknesses.
- There is a reason so many of is try to avoid our weaknesses. The reason is we don’t trust God. We don’t trust that he really loves us.
- Story of the surprise wedding: the parents – who have caused their kids so much pain – want to bless their kid, but they dont know how.
- “All the ways you [God] seek to love us into new life…”